This was a sharing session following last meeting on developing charisma. As members on developing Charismas from mother could not attend, focus of the discussion was on charisma of father and child.
Charisma from father (sharing by Carmen, Sandy and Vivian, Kit and Lucy, Iris)
The sharing session was getting a bit sentimental in the beginning while members recalled and shared their inspiration from our fathers, and late-fathers.
Members shared that while their fathers might not be perfect or even well educated, their dedication to family and hardworking effort to protect / earn money for their family had gained unspeakable respects.
Others added that sometimes charisma of father might not be very glamorous as it is dependent of the behavior of the counterpart, i.e., the respective mother. A dominant mother would shadow charisma of a father. – A very good review lesson for those who are parents now!
While charisma of father may not be very explicit, their child can still perceived and felt them along their growing path. – Child can really observe and take away, don’t look down on them!
It was grateful that after the discussion, member learnt more on how to appreciate their fathers and the importance to be a submissive wife letting charm of his husband shining out in their own family!
Charisma for child (sharing by Elizabeth, Ellen and Bonnie)
The consensus of the groups was: frankness, creativity and sharing are the most charming charismas of child.
While charismas are in-born, they will be easily suppressed or discouraged along the up-bringing path. Members shared that an environment of love, acceptance with sense of security would foster charismas. In the opposite way, a resentful and discouraging environment would induce rebelliousness, selfishness and hamper creativity.
Again, it was a good sharing for parents to review their ways of teaching.
All in all, the discussion was frank and touching. It was a wonderful sharing session. Undoubtedly, friendship is nurtured in this precious sharing group whereby every member is willing to share and learn.
written by Vivain
Thursday, September 29, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for your sharing & inspiration & coordination. This sharing about the fatherly charisma struck me a lot. That's why I was silent at the Lunch not because I didn't enjoy sharing my love & respect to my father. But I was slow to review & slow to respond.
The different sharing from different ladies about their fathers shared something very common. Though they don't speak directly to their respectable fathers, they learnt from them: maybe their silent devotion to their families by means of hardworking or perseverance to earn a living so that their families could survive or even thrive. I love my father though I talk very little to him. But now & then I started taking my initative to invite him to tea & to chat. Though being a single mom, I start appreciating my separated spouse who spares his time & his effort & his care & his love for his children which should not be taken for granted.
I earned much from this luncheon & this topic. Many thanks!
Post a Comment